Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

What are my goals? -Blog Post #3-


My goals are fairly simple. I want to edit. It is what I have wanted to do with my life since about the 11th grade. I have always had a strong talent when it came to editing short videos for school and it was something that I really enjoyed. They say one should do what they love to do, and what I love to do is edit film. Not necessarily editing feature films, I’m pretty sure I would go crazy if I were to only be able to work on the same project for a couple of years. I have found that my niche is editing sports highlight and promo videos. I did an internship with ESPN this summer in New York City and edited a couple of the nominee pieces for the 2010 ESPN ESPY Award show. During those three months, I learned a brand new software program called Maya. I used Maya to construct urban landscapes in which we could put videos of the athletes that had been nominated for an award. After getting to be a DP and Director this semester, I have had no trouble solidifying my choice to be an editor. Putting it nicely, I probably am the worst director to walk this planet. After I graduate, [no matter how long it takes haha] I hope to use the contacts and friends that I made this past summer to get a full time job working for ESPN as a sports video editor in New York City.

0 comments:

Post a Comment