Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Visual Style -Blog Post #2-


My favorite visual style of movie is any kind of movie that takes you to a different period in time. I really like war movies and how a lot of the action shots used in the movie are not filmed on a tripod. The feeling that the audience gets from a handheld shot is really cool. It makes you feel like you are standing in the movie and are just observing everything that is going on. I also like how some of the colors are washed out and dull, examples of this would be Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the Gates, and Band of Brothers.


The above shot is from Saving Private Ryan. I really like how the color temperature is cool and how it makes the colors in this shot look. It gives the film a look of a certain time period, and in this case, that period is the 1940's. I also really like the framing of this shot. You can tell that the camera has been focused on the soldiers eyeball in order to give him an "extremely good marksman" look. We are looking into the eyes of a killer.


This scene is from the motion picture Enemy at the Gates. Just like the scene from Saving Private Ryan, this shot displays the same cool color temperature. It has the feel of a different time period, which is what I really like about it. Any time a movie takes me to a different time period, especially the 1920's - 1940's, I usually enjoy them alot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment