Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Artist Statement

Ever since I was in the eighth grade, I have had a large interest in making and editing movies. I always found it amazing how movies and videos could put people in good moods. I began teaching myself simple editing programs for my PC such as Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle Studio. I edited videos with my PC until senior year of high school. It was at that point, my video editing capabilities changed for the better! My parents gave me a Macbook for Christmas! Things would never be the same. Now that I had an Apple computer, I had the option of being able to use one of the industry’s leading editing software packages. I’m talking about Final Cut Studio of course! Once I owned the software package, I started teaching myself the ins and outs of the program. I would film just about anything just so I could tinker around with it in Final Cut. I originally wanted to be an editor for Hollywood feature films. It was at the end of senior year that I realized what my niche in. After making highlight videos for my high school’s men’s and women’s basketball teams (which were received so well that they were projected on the wall of our gymnasium before each game) I had finally found a form of video editing that I was really good at. Making highlight videos led to the best job I have ever had. This previous summer, I interned with ESPN in New York City. It was there that I helped create the nominee videos for the 2010 ESPN ESPY Award show. After getting some of the videos I edited on national television, there is no other type of video editing I can see doing. My vision and purpose is simple: I want to create highlight videos that will inspire and motivate other athletes to be the best at what they do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment