Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Farewell - Blog Post #15 -


Where do I begin! I really enjoyed taking this class this semester! Words cannot really describe all of the new things that I have learned. I really enjoyed getting to work with many different kinds of camera models. Learning the pros and cons of each model that we have in our TCF department was really cool and interesting. Even though I never got to check out the EX3, I would have to say that it was probably my favorite camera that we used. I was blown away by the quality of image it recorded and all of the neat features that it has. In the future, I hope to shoot some kind of sporting event with it. Another major thing I learned this semester was lighting. In TCF201 we touched on the basics of scene lighting and that was really it. In this class, I learned how to get rid of shadows, the difference between certain kinds of bulbs and their color temperatures and how it would look thru a camera lens. I learned to not over expose a scene and to keep my lighting as subtle and smooth looking as possible. I never had a really good grasp on how to light a scene until taking this class. I know that it is going to help me in the future. Another thing I really enjoyed about this class, were the people that were in it. It never really occurred to me just how much talent there was in the room until we watched our reels. I also really enjoyed how everyone treated each other with respect and was not harsh one another when it came to critiquing each other’s work. All of the comments and critiques that I was given really helped me out through out the course to this class. Most importantly, I learned what I wanted to do with myself as a person. All of the filming assignments and working at the many different roles of a film crew helped me solidify the fact that I want to be an editor. It is what I truly am best at, and by working as a director, or a DP, or as an AD helped me realize that. I will never forget the friends I made while taking this class or the things I learned. I hope to work with everybody on projects in the future.

-Ted

0 comments:

Post a Comment